Monday, March 7, 2011

An In-Between Post

I'm still sorting out all the events from the February meeting--including (gasp!) Midwestern stereotypes and commentary from the "bitter divorcee' gallery"--and I haven't started on our next book, which is The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. My copy is a loan from Mom, who picked it up at a bookstore.

Maybe by the time the next meeting comes, I'll have the Kindle up and running (I know, sad that I got it for Christmas and it's still in the box), but I don't have money to spend on books right now, anyway.

In fact, as she pressed this month's selection into my hand, she said, "Save your money for books you really want." I don't think she was implying this book is bad in any way; it's just that it's different when you buy books because you chose them and want them, and not because you have to read them for a meeting with bitter divorcees and New Age sphynx cat breeders.

O.K., O.K.--there's only one New Age sphynx cat breeder in the group.

And I am dying to get invited over to pet the kitties! I want to know if they feel like peaches. Or nectarines.


1 comment:

ccr in MA said...

When I got to pet a hairless cat, I had to agree with my brother, who described it as feeling like a suede hot water bottle.